Skip to main content
- Sli-do - a web based s a web-based audience interaction tool, Q&A & polling platform for live events, for audiences to ask questions in real time, anonymously if they wish, & vote in live polls via their phones, tablets or computers. Each event has a four digit code which can be shared with a class, enabling them to participate
- Evernote - can be used for writing notes, collaboration content, syncing between your desktop & mobile devices
- Google Translate - translate written or spoken language using the camera, keyboard or microphone
- Twitter - A communication tool enabling you to keep up-to-date and share information with friends, classmates, colleagues, organisations and public figures.
- Lynda.com - is a library of video-based training courses in a wide range of areas such as business, IT, media production and education
- Go to Microsoft's web site to get a full selection of shortcuts
- Ctrl + scroll wheel to zoom in and out in lots of software (inc. MS word and internet browser
- Windows key and m and – minimises everything and reveals your desktop
- Ctl + alt + m to add a comment throughout MS office and also in Google docs
- In Office 2010, use Word > Save As pdf to easily generate pdf files
- Add “Best Wishes” and your name to your Outlook signature, so it appears on every email without you having to type it!
- Use the cut and paste shortcuts to cut (CTRL + X), copy (CTRL +C) and paste (CTRL +V) and undo (CTRL +Z). Works across most programs!
- When using a PowerPoint slideshow highlight key elements on the screen
- with a “laser pointer” effect (Ctrl + left mouse button)
- A shortcut for Printing CTRL and P
- If, for example, you accidentally leave caps lock on and you wish to convert your text from lower to upper case, or a mix of the two, you don’t need to delete it and write it out again. Highlight the text, hold the shift key down and press F3. Job done…
- Copy a file in a folder and use Paste Special to embed it directly into another - appears as a little icon you can click on, instead of having multiple attachments or tryign to add PDFs/Excel to Word docs, for example