Delivering a presentation is a skill you are required to develop. There are different visual aids you can use to help you to present; for example, Microsoft PowerPoint is frequently chosen by students and staff.
The key to delivering a confident and professional presentation is to:
- Plan - what is the purpose of the presentation? You need to have a clear aim and know what is expected from you.
- Prepare - know what you are going to say and how you are going to say it. Ensure that you have researched the topic and presented the information in a logical and interesting way.
- Practice - double check everything to ensure it meets the requirements as this will increase your confidence.
- Present - with knowledge and enthusiasm and continue to develop coping strategies to ensure nerves do not get the better of you.
- Remember, you are the presentation - not the resources you choose to use.