Some refurbishment and moves are taking place in Thompson Library in December. This page will be updated as work progresses to keep you up to date with the latest changes.
From Monday 9 December
- The Library Counter has moved to a temporary location on the ground floor near to the vending machines and Children's Library.
- The Reservation Collection shelf is also located in the same area
- The Skills Space will be moving during the week. If you have an appointment with an Academic Skills Tutor, and the current Skills Space is not in use when you arrive, please go to the Library Counter and the Academic Skills Tutor will meet you there
- Room B030 (Journal Room) is closed for refurbishment works and out of use.
From Monday 16 December 2019
The Library Reception will be relocated into the lower ground floor of the library in the first room on the left after coming down the stairs (Current Area 1)
The Skills Space will move to a new location on the first floor in what was Quiet Study next to Area.
Monday 16 December 2019 to Mid-January 2020
The area vacated by the library reception will be refurbished.
Please note the following new stock locations
- Journals and DVDs have been moved to the ‘Main Collection’ area (towards rear of ground floor).
- The ‘Core’ collection on the ground floor has been re-organised meaning some books will be in slightly different locations – please ask a member of the Library Team if you need assistance.