The Library Search system provides a single search box for finding library resources: print books, e-books, journals, articles, digital media and more.
Sign in before you begin your search to have access to more features:
- Request books
- Save searches and items to your 'My Favourites' list
- Export references to Refworks
- View full search results and link to full-text where available (Some databases only show results when you're signed in.)
What does it search?
By default Library Search finds almost all library resources we subscribe to, plus other open access content. This search allows you to find material down to individual article level.
You can then narrow down your initial results using the options under ‘Refine my results’. Options include: resource type, publication date, author and subject.
There are also some other search options which will give fewer initial results:
- Staffordshire University Catalogue - searches physical items in our libraries plus ebooks, ejournals and other electronic information sources to which we subscribe (Note this searches for ebook/ejournal titles not individual chapters/articles within these).
- Online articles and books - searches for online articles from peer reviewed journals, industry journals, newspapers and other full-text resources
- Print only - searches for physical items in our libraries: books, journals, DVDs.