3 activities 15 minutes each.
This is the activity that ran throughout the Resource Discovery teachmeet event on 19th March:
Design Ultimate Resource Discovery Machine (URM) to address the needs of the following usergroups categories
Each group to work together to present their design for the user group as a poster using up to 2 sides of A3 – can be an illustration or a specification
Over lunch you will each vote for your favourite design from each usergroup category. URDM will be comprised of the highest number of votes for each usergroup category. The group that wins each group will be asked to give an overview of their illustration/specification at the end of the day.
Recommendations on how to approach the activity
- Blue Sky Thinking…how could you improve things for your usergroup
- Searching & retrieval functionality e.g. creating search, search result relevancy
- Sharing & downloading
- User Interface Design e.g. personalisation
- Plugins & Integrations e.g. VLEs, Office
- Access & authentication
- Analytics & altmetrics
- Different types of resources e.g. video, audio, datasets etc.