The Academic Skills team can help you develop techniques to learn effectively, produce your assignments and improve your work to reach your full potential. Our team is comprised of subject librarians, study skills tutors and digital capabilities experts.
Subject Librarians can help you with:
- Finding and using library resources
- Research Skills
- Understanding citing and referencing/Using reference management tools
Study Skills Tutors can help you with:
- Assignment structure and Academic Writing
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Reading
- Planning your work and Time Management
Please note that the team cannot proofread work for you, but we can help you learn how to do this effectively yourself.
Digital Capabilities experts can help you with:
- Using Microsoft Office effectively e.g. Creating long documents in Word
- Using PowerPoint for presentations or academic posters
- Using Qualtrics survey software
- Using LinkedIn Learning online video training