How do I borrow items and how long can I keep them for?
When you have found what you are looking for, take the items to one of our self-service machines. There are instructions on how to use on each machine.
Borrowing – Loan period and renewing
- Books have a 2-week rolling loan period to a maximum of 26 weeks* - unless they are requested by another borrower (at which point you will have receive an email to confirm book due date)
- Loan periods are subject to change, should there be a significant increase to demand
- If you have reached your maximum borrowing (17 books for staff and students) you will not be able to borrow anything else until you have returned some items.
*All books will renew automatically, every 2 weeks, unless they have been requested by another user or have reached the maximum renewals limit of 24 weeks.
Please keep an eye on your student email because we send courtesy reminders to your account.
You can also keep tabs on your items and request other items by going to your library account and logging on with your university username and password.
If you have any problems with your library account, please contact the Student Connect team.
You will receive an automated email in advance, if a book you have on loan needs to be returned. Emails will be sent to your student account so do check this regularly.
- Please return the book(s) mentioned in the email by the date shown to avoid any recall charge.
- Overdue books will be charged at 50p per day with a cap of £5 per item.
- Books are recalled if they have been requested by another user or have reached the maximum renewals limit of 24 weeks.
You can return books in person, or if you are not able to get on campus you can return books by post to the following address:
- Library Book Returns, Staffordshire University, Staffordshire University Post Room, College Road, Stoke On Trent, ST4 2DE
Please package books securely and obtain proof of posting.