Cochrane Library Temporary Issues and Fixes
Wiley are aware of some known Search issues on the Cochrane Library and we are currently working on resolving these for you as quickly as possible. In the interim until we can resolve these issues, we are providing some possible work-arounds to assist you.
- Login issues: Some users are experiencing issues with login especially from the search page. Despite typing in the correct password multiple times, the password is not accepted, and the user cannot login. This can occur when trying to save a search, retrieve saved searches or use the login button at the top of the search page.
- Option 1: Go to the Cochrane Library Homepage and use the login button on the top right of the page to login. Then proceed to the search page
- Option 2: From search page, use your browser option to refresh the page and retry login
- Search won’t save: There is currently an issue if users create a search line on the search tab and use the “Add to Search Manager” tab to move the search. While these search lines transfer correctly, they are causing issues where the search cannot be saved.
- Until this problem is resolved, build complex searches in the search manager tab.
- Delete the problem line and use the new Search Wizard Slideout [S] on the Search Manager tab to access the features of the Search Tab directly on the Search Manager tab to enter the line. If search is entered in this fashion, the search will work.
- Cannot export search results: After running a complex search, some users are not able to export search results. It can occur for any of the download formats offered.
- Try splitting your search result into smaller segments using date range filters or by applying date limit filters. Export these smaller file segments. NOTE: When working normally, the export feature supports export of up to 20,000 articles and it should NOT be necessary to reduce to smaller components
- Search appears different in print than on the Search Page: If users directly key a MeSH term in the Search Manager and then print the search, the Mesh line looks different. In the print format, these MeSH lines get translated to use the format used if they were entered from the Mesh tab directly. This will not impact the ability to run or recreate the search (since the search lines are interchangeable) but we are working to not have this translation occur.
- Use the new MeSH button slideout to choose MeSH terms on the Search Manager page
- Complex Searches will not print: When running complex searches from the search manager tab, some users are experiencing issues with the print button or the export search on the saved search options not working. This is preventing users from documenting their searches. There is currently no workaround to this issue but this is being urgently worked on and we hope to have this resolved within the next 7 days but further updates will be communicated.